So far, this is what I have pieced together...
- One of the first Sierra Cosworths built late (October) 1985.
- Originally FIA homologated in Group B for the 1986 season.
- Built by Ford Motorsport, Boreham, Essex in late 1985, along with 6 more cars for the Securicor Challenge.
- Finished a close 2nd (behind Phil Collins, C240 HVW) in the Securicor Challenge, driven by 3 times National Rally Champion Chris Mellors.
- Debuted the Sierra on the WRC for Ford Motorsport on the RAC in December 1986.
- Run by multiple Irish Rally Champion Bertie Fisher on the 1987 Manx International, lead Group N until SS35 - DNF (electrical)
- Won the British Rally Championship (Group N) with Gwyndaf Evans/Howard Davis in 1988, running on the RAC the same year for Gwyndaf's first attempt (of approx 20) leading Group N for 3 days, before an off in Kielder)
If you know anymore history on this car, please get in touch ;-)